Build Character with Key Club through service and leadership
We provide our members with opportunities to serve, build character, and develop leadership.
Key Club members around the world are learning how to lead and stand for what’s right through service and volunteerism. In partnership with their local Kiwanis club, high school students are making a positive impact as they serve others in their schools and communities.
We Learn Through Action
High school student members of Key Club perform acts of service in their communities, such as cleaning up parks, collecting clothing and organizing food drives. They also learn leadership skills by running meetings, planning projects and holding elected leadership positions at the club, district and international levels.
Leadership - Leadership is grounded in humility and service to others. A true leader listens, recognizes, and empowers.
Character building - Character is built by everyday acts of kindness, integrity and teamwork to grow stronger relationships and communities.
Caring - Compassion for others is a cornerstone of the Key Club experience, inspiring action and service to one’s community.
Inclusiveness - We welcome people of all backgrounds and ethnicities to join in serving and making a positive difference in our world.
Objectives of Key Club International
Key Club aims to cooperate with school principals and teachers to provide high school students with invaluable experience in living and working together and to prepare them for useful citizenship. Our members develop initiative and leadership skills by serving their schools and communities.
In doing so, we hope to promote and accept the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.